Most of my recent work has been focused on Web-based technologies.
- Jun 2019 PouchDB: An Introductory Tutorial
- May 2019 Visual Studio Code Template: Webpack, Babel, Express Server and Client
- Jan 2019 Web Audio: An Introductory Tutorial
- Nov 2018 Three.js: An Introductory Tutorial
- Oct 2018 Web 3D Graphics Programming for Beginners
I spent a lot of time programming in Mac OS X and I really like the Objective-C language, but it is clearly being phased out in favor of Swift, so I don't get to do much work in it anymore.
- Nov 2012 How to Make a Core Animation Layer Not Clickable
- Nov 2012 Cocoa Bindings to a CALayer position's values
- Jul 2012 cURL in Mac OS X
- Jun 2012 Importing Data into Core Data on a Background Queue
- Jun 2012 Using Cocoa Bindings with NSTableView and NSDictionaryController
- May 2012 Application Resume on Mac OS X Lion
AppleScript is one of the unsung heroes of the Mac experience. It is a great tool for automating repetitive tasks. You can do surprisingly complex things, as seen in several of the AppleScripts I have created over the years.
Vanilla World of Warcraft
I played the original World of Warcraft at its release. There has been continued interest in this version of the game with private servers and the upcoming official release of World of Warcraft Classic, so I have been putting together some of the tips and tricks I learned over the years to help others get started.
- Sep 2019 Custom Warlock Macros for World of Warcraft: Classic
- Sep 2019 World of Warcraft: Classic Addon Guide
- Sep 2019 Custom Druid Macros for World of Warcraft: Classic
- Sep 2019 Custom Warlock Macros for Vanilla World of Warcraft
- Sep 2019 Custom Rogue Macros for Vanilla World of Warcraft
- Sep 2019 Custom Priest Macros for Vanilla World of Warcraft
- Sep 2019 Custom Hunter Macros for World of Warcraft: Classic
- Jun 2019 Custom Mage Macros for Vanilla World of Warcraft
- May 2019 Custom Paladin Macros for Vanilla World of Warcraft
- Dec 2018 Must Have Druid Macros for Vanilla World of Warcraft
- Aug 2018 Vanilla World of Warcraft Addon Guide
- Jun 2018 Leveling a Hunter in Vanilla World of Warcraft
- Jun 2018 The Best Control Scheme for World of Warcraft
- Mar 2018 Must Have Hunter Macros for Vanilla World of Warcraft
Building game engines is a very different task than actually designing games. It can be helpful to really analyze games that you play in terms of pure game design, to see what works and what doesn't when you want to create your own game. Building on what others have done and learn from their mistakes.
- Jul 2019 Trying Every Myst Game in Virtual Reality
- Apr 2019 Best Assetto Corsa Wheel Settings for Thrustmaster TMX / T150
- Apr 2019 How to Run Fallout: New Vegas in VR Using VorpX
- Apr 2019 World of Warcraft Single Player Server Bot Control
- Apr 2019 World of Warcraft Single Player Server Advanced Settings
- Apr 2019 World of Warcraft Single Player Server Quick Start Guide
- Mar 2019 Should You Buy VorpX?
- Jan 2019 Best Dirt Rally Wheel Settings for Thrustmaster TMX / T150
- Jan 2019 RecRoom Paintball Tips and Tricks
- Jun 2016 Original Myst on Modern Macs
I have learned all kinds of tips and tricks over the years.
- Feb 2019 Using rsync to Copy Folders Between Macs
- Nov 2018 How to Scan Slides at Archival Quality
- Aug 2018 Visual Studio Code Settings and Extensions Migration
- Apr 2018 LibreOffice Calc: Export All Sheets to CSV
- Jul 2014 Use Hazel to Unzip Lots of Zip Files
- Jul 2014 Convert WavPack (WV) files using XLD on Mac OS X
- Oct 2012 CrashPlan Software Crashing
- Sep 2012 Mountain Lion Notification Center and Remember the Milk tasks
- Sep 2012 iPhoto '11 Smart Album Trick
- May 2012 Using Hazel and Automator to Scan Photographs